Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hillary Needs More Memory Food

My last post was about perception and how for some things, we need to be able to all come together and agree that there is one meaning. Hillary Clinton seems to have provided one of these moments I was hoping for.

To be fair, I'll start by saying I am not a fan of Hillary. I'm one of those people who amazingly finds it insane that we here in New York randomly allowed her to run for Senate here after she moved to NY only to do so. I don't know, I'll support the people who have been more active and actually know the people they are serving, thank you very much. And I also think as soon as she got into office, all she did was begin an eight year long campaign. Chuck Schumer seems to always be involved in something, or appearing with his constituents, or at least seemingly doing something that relates to his actual job, and I must say I'd much prefer a candidate like that.

Rant aside, Clinton's claim that she entered Bosnia as First Lady under sniper fire and in dire danger, then the release of video that proves she nearly had a welcoming parade on the tarmac, seems to be one of those issues where we just have to look at the situation and understand we are straight up being lied to. It won't happen - too many people will believe that she "misremembered". I say if you misremember every important issue and come up with an excuse for every contradiction you face, it gets to be the boy who cried wolf. Eventually, we need to either believe that someone isn't fit to run the country if he or she can barely remember what they did last week, or that we are being lied to.

Honestly, I get nervous if someone is questioning me about something and I know I did nothing wrong. How politicians (not limited to Hillary) can stand there and spin yarns for stories that go out to millions of people and think that they are going to get away with these tall tales in today's technological age astounds me. It's either blatant stupidity or blatant arrogance, and I don't like either.

Is there any way we can all agree this is a terrible, intentional lie that she should be held accountable for, especially as she criticizes Obama's lack of experience?

Probably not.

But a man can dream, can't he?

1 comment:

mike's spot said...

its not stupidity- its arrogance. She'll say whatever she wants because she is a Clinton. They have a history of lying- I too don't like her move to NY just to 'serve' us.

I disagree pretty strongly with chuck Schumer's politics- but you bet your ass when I write him letters- he at least has the decency to have an intern right me back a letter that mildly addresses my concern.

Hillary can't even be bothered to have a form letter sent out.

It's arrogance to the enth degree.